Thursday, August 7, 2008

Last Wednesday night, or early Thursday morning, I woke up with some bad contractions. So me and Manny went to the hospital to get checked. They gave me the shots to stop contractions, prescribed me pills to do the same and sent me home in the morning. I was doing good, only a couple of contractions. But by 4 p.m. they started up again. When they were about 10 min a part we headed to the hospital again, with a detour passed my dads for a blessing, when we got there they were so close together. The nurse took her sweet time getting in there and setting me up before she called my Dr. I was already asking for my epidural and scared I was going to have the baby without it. But I still had the cerclage in and not dilated very much. Then the nurse informs me that the Dr. wants to try and stop the contractions again. I said "are you shitin me" and then felt bad for swearing to the nurse. So 3 shots of the stuff to stop contractions, 1 of morphine, and the pills later I'm still having contractions, although not as often and as strong, and the nurse wants to send me home. I was like are you out of your mind, this baby is coming, maybe not as soon, but soon enough. The Dr. finally came to check on me, took the cerclage out, got my epidural, and 3 hrs later Trevin came with hardly any pushing (in the O.R. room). He weighed 5 lbs 3 oz, and 171/2 inches long. He was doing really great and almost got to stay in the nursery, but he had low blood sugar and later needed help keeping warm. But he ate good right off the bat. For being 6 weeks early and already home he's doing awesome. We did have to bring him home with the bili lights, so it looks like he's sleeping in a suit case tanning bed. But hopefully only for a couple of days. I'm just glad to be home. Thank you sisters, and mom for helping me clean my house, and watch my kids. You guys made things that much easier.

2 comments:

The Marvelous Mrs. Miller said...

Congratulations! He is adorable! Glad they finally belived you & let you stay to deliver.
HOpe your both doing well!

Amanda Nemelka said...

Congrats Leann. I couldn't believe it when your dad said you had Trevin already. I had just spoken with you that Sunday! I'm glad it all worked out. He's beautiful!!