Monday, April 13, 2009

We finally took on the big job of tiling our house. First we had to rip out the linoleum, and scrape up all the paper backing, and glue. We used this wall paper steamer(in the picture below) to help soften the glue. It worked okay, but we still had trouble getting it all up. That was almost more work than the tiling. It was fun at first but then after the 2nd day I was ready for it to be done. The actual tiling took us about 3 days. Then the grout and the cleaning, and then finally, NEW CARPET. I think that was the best part.
The shop vac was on most of the time, and Eli stayed up late. He finally fell asleep on the couch with his hands covering his ears.
This is my brother Jackie. He came over the first day to help us get started. And to also let us use all of his equipment. This closet was such a pain in the butt. I'm sure glad he took on the task. Thanks so much brother, for your time and expertise.
Trevin sure liked to sit by us and watch.
Trevin just chillin', drinkin' his bottle.
So most of the time my sisters had my kids, I was so glad for that. There is no way we could have gotten anything done with kids. Thanks a bunch Collene and Chris.
They like the new floor!!!!!!!!
This is me doing my part. I was to slow for Manny, so while he was cutting a piece we needed, I would lay out some mud. Then he usually came back in and finished. I did lay quite a few tile. But I was mostly there for the support.
This is the last piece to be laid. And about 1:30 a.m. Talk about excited!!!
Manny doing the grout. I was pretty much useless with this. I tried, but was to slow. So I went behind Manny, to start cleaning the grout, and floor.
After cleaning the floor 4 times, it finally was clean. And then about a 4 days later we got the carpet. Then I could put my house back together.

5 comments:

Meg said...

It look so good! How much to come do my house? lol.

Anonymous said...

WoW! That looks so nice, Good Job!

The Marvelous Mrs. Miller said...

WOW!!! Great job! It looks awesome!

Misses~ said...

Your pics are great, sadly they don't show the finished results as awesome as they truly are in person. You both did a fantastic job. I am so glad it all turned out so well and it looks like it wasn't as hard of a job as I told you it would be. LOL!

Jason, Holli, Lizzie and Zach said...

Go Leann on the tiling. You go girl.